Planning Parties: Pointers on How to Plan Successful Surprise Parties
Have you ever been invited to a surprise party? In Australia, particularly in Healesville Victoria, there are many party venues for different kinds of surprise parties, like birthday party or engagement venues Yarra Valley can provide. You just need to come up with a solid plan in order for your surprise party to work. Here are some practical tips you may want to follow:
- Identify the occasion and the party’s theme – Choose what kind of surprise party it’s going to be and the main theme which matches the celebrant’s personality. For example, it is going to be a birthday party, an engagement party or a congratulatory party? Next, come up with a theme you can use which the celebrator/s will appreciate, such as costume, nature or wildlife, retro, futuristic, art-based, and others.
- List the different elements of the party – After you have selected the official theme, you may work on the list of all the things you need to help you set the party up the like venue, catering, decorations, giveaways, invitations, and program of activities. Make sure to consider your working budget when listing party element options.
- Get your family or friends to help you – Assemble your team of party planners who can help you finalize your plan and execute it. Remember that you’re organizing a surprise party so it’s extremely important for all your actions to be coordinated, organized, and well-timed. You will need help from people who can be entrusted to do crucial tasks like setting up the venue, inviting guests and giving a notice of the surprise element of the party, as well as taking the main celebrator/s to the venue on the big day.
- Finalize booking of suppliers – Once you and your team have agreed on your official list of suppliers, book their services at once. So let’s say you’re throwing a surprise engagement party for your close friends who are about to get married in Victoria, you may book of the engagement venues Yarra Valley can offer. If you’re planning a surprise birthday bash for your spouse or partner, look for the best birthday party venues in town and book their services. Try to ask for any current discounts or client promos which they may have.
- Send out invitations – You may want to send printed invitations or create an online event page when inviting guests. Remind them that they are invited to attend a surprise party and give detailed instructions on what they are expected to do for the “surprise” element to work.
- Show up early at the venue – Arrive in the venue hours before the party so you can lead the setup operations. Delegate tasks to members of your planning team like decorations, food catering follow up, program flow or sequence, and others. Make sure someone is in charge of taking the main celebrator/s to the party venue.
- Have fun! – Once the party is up and running, try to relax, enjoy and have fun! Make the most out of the product of your labor of love for your family or friends.
Surprise parties can be the most challenging but most exciting kind of party you could organize. For ideas on different engagement venues Yarra Valley can provide, go online for options. You can also find services for corporate functions or wake catering Yarra Valley companies have to offer. Visit Healesville RSL for starters.